picasa/Flickr gallery plugin for Wolf CMS
This online gallery plugin allows you to integrate your picasa web albums or Flickr photoset into any page of your wolfcms powered website. If you prefer hosting images on your own server, there's a great plugin called "Fancy Image Gallery" from project79. You can see a demo of the picflic gallery integration below. It makes use/provides the following features:
Please note, Google seems to have disabled the authkey access for hidden picasaweb albums. So, at the moment the plugin using google picasa only works with public galleries.
picflic Gallery Plugin
Main features provided
- Lightbox integration for large images
- Title / description shown on large image
- Cropped / Standard thumbs (as available)
- Integrate into any page or part
- Supports protected albums and photosets
- Caching of XML feeds
- No third party library for feed processing needed
- Supports clean URLs (mod_rewrite)
Demo picasa album
Images from a picasa web album. Thumbnails cropped, showing title on large image view (auto-generated). Paging set to 8 images per page.
Demo Flickr photoset
Images from a Flickr photoset. Thumbnails set to "longest side 100 Pixel" with title below thumbnails. Images are protected and not viewable on Flickr. Landscape images below curtesy of freepixels.com.
- Valley view
- Lake view
- Dusk hill
- Corn field
- Forest Stream
- Sharp U-turn
- Cloudy view
- Download latest picflic Gallery plugin from github.
- Unpack the zip or tar file you downloaded and place it in a folder, name it "picflic_gallery". Then upload the folder "picflic_gallery" to your "wolf/plugins/" directory.
- In the admin area of Wolf CMS go to Administration » Plugins and enable the plugin.
- Read the documentation on the plugin page, for explanations of how certain features, authentification and settings work. For your convenience you can download the documentation as a PDF file
- Got to the plugins' setting page and enter your gallery user details
- Copy contents of "copy to your themes folder" to your themes folder
- Chmod the plugin folder "cache" to 777
- Update your style sheet and layout as described in the documentation
On any page include the following PHP code in the body or part section, to show one or more picasa albums or Flickr photosets of your choice.
The language files can be found in the "i18n" folder. You can add your translations, if you wish. Do please send us your translation, if you have made one. Currently, the following translations are available:
- English (default)
- German (ourselves)
- Improve picasa album name cleaning, for foreign characters
- Find a way to show larger Flickr thumbnails
- Enable deletion of specific cache files
- Expand language support (your help is appreciated)
, 15. July 2014
- Fixed Flickr Authentication URI
, 18. September 2013
, 20. September 2011
- fixed problem getimagesize, which was really slowing down everything
, 17. September 2011